Arts, Visual, and Performing Catalogue
Current assignments in the department provide evidence of student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Student demonstrates ability to integrate knowledge;
- Student uses critical and creative thinking to solve problems;
- Student utilizes technology effectively and creatively.
Current assignments in the department provide some evidence of student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Student communicates effectively through listening, speaking, and writing;
- Student demonstrates strong research skills;
- Student reads with understanding.
Notes on Projects & Performance-Based Assessments
Projects and performance-based assessments are the core of most work in the department’s courses. Through work on project-based learning activities and performance‑based assessments students are provided opportunities to expand their competencies in the following areas:
- Management of resources (time, money, materials, people);
- Teamwork and collaboration (working in various role on projects, teaching others, join decision-making regarding artistic choices, etc.);
- Information management (acquiring, organizing, evaluating, and processing information from a variety of sources in order to address intellectual and creative questions posed by projects);
- Understanding of social, organizational, and technological systems;
- Problem-solving (selection of appropriate equipment and methods for specific tasks, application of technological and human resources to tasks, trouble‑shooting, self-evaluation, etc.).